Frequently Asked Questions
- How do I apply for a position at Lowes Foods?
Go to the Careers page and click on 'Click for more information' below the large photo.
- What are the differences between Department Managers and Assistant or Co-Managers?
- Department managers are hourly management positions that supervise specific departments: Those departments are Produce, Meat, Deli, Bakery, Grocery, and Customer Service.
- Assistant Manager positions are salaried positions that oversee the daily operations of the Grocery and Dairy/Frozen departments. Assistant manager positions are typically entry-level. Assistant managers are responsible for the entire store in the absence of the store manager and co-manager.
- Co-Manager positions are salaried store management positions that oversee the daily operations of either Perishables (Produce, Meat, Deli, and Bakery) or Non-Perishables (Grocery, Dairy/Frozen, and Customer Service). A Co-Manager is responsible for the entire store in the absence of the store manager.
- How do I apply for a new store that is currently under construction?
As we get close to opening a new store we typically post advertisements in the local newspaper and posters on the windows of the new store. Applicants can also periodically visit our website to search for openings by store.
- How long does it take to complete the job application?
There are two parts to the application process: (1) the collection of your contact information, work preferences, work experience, education, etc.., and (2) a job "fit" assessment. Each part takes approximately 25 minutes to complete.
- Do you have to complete the application all at once or can you stop and finish later?
If at any point during the application process you need to stop, you may save your information, and come back later to complete. You must have your login id and password to resume your application.
- What are the age requirements for working at Lowes Foods?
Applicants must be at least 16 years old to work for Lowes Foods and at least 18 years old to work in the Deli, Bakery, and Meat department.
- What benefits do you offer?
(See the Benefits page for a list of benefits). *Lowes Foods is an Equal Opportunity Employer.